Wednesday, November 15, 2017

I am back like I promised but not the best of news. I have a lot of FB friends that wanted to know how the craft show went and takes to much time to tell them in messages so will just post it on here.
About a month ago I met someone that seemed like a friend but found out it wasn't so and now I will just go ahead and whine or vent..whichever you want to call it.
I should have seen the signs sooner of taking advantage of being used because I am a senior but it took me a while to get all the pieces in the puzzle together and Sunday was the final piece.Have welcomed these people in my house even with kids with issues (BiPolar etc etc) have fed them..have given them things plus my friendship. I was signing up for a craft show and invited this person to go with and bring some of her jewelry to display with my bath items and it was going to be her first craft show ever..Then she started buying supplies and making more and more jewelry so I rented 2 spaces and she was supposed to help pay her part when she got paid but never happened. Had her spend the night so would be easier to just get up and load up and go. That is when I was informed she only took a shower twice a week and wore the same jeans for a week. I still let her sleep in my vintage bed even though she was over 300 pounds. She came in house and Flopped on my couch on top of ppillows that my dogs lay on and sometimes I do. Her jeans would pull down in the back and could see bare skin that should not be exposed. It did bother me but I let it go and decided I could wash pillows and bedding after the sale.
My husband very carefully loaded the back of her Van (and yes..I did put more gas than was needed in it) Had help unloading at the show and she insisted parking in handicapped area because a thing on her mirror said she could. It was a bit of a way to my spot but with help I made it. Then it came to setting up..she used every prop and fabric to display her jewelry and was No help with me setting up my bath items. I was getting disgusted by this time and just wanted the day to be over and go home.
Sale started at 10 and she was ticked because she hadn't sold a lot by 11..tried to explain it was Sunday and a lot of people come after Church. I sold a few things and that made her upset even more since I was gone to bathroom when they sold. Then as people are walking by she is saying in a loud voice "Hello..come and look at my hand made jewelry for great prices" It was actually making people just keep on walking so then she pulled 2 young girls over to pick out a bracelet and go tell their Moms to buy it. That just isn't right. Then when I went to the bathroom she was calling me on my cell to see if I needed help walking back...Another red flag but had to ignore it. She was counting on selling at least 300.00 worth of jewelry and use it to buy dog food and other things...that is Not how craft sales work..you might sell a lot or might not sell anything. I was able to sell 40.00 of my bath items (and the double space cost 70.00...I then knew she was not going to help pay the fees. She sold 28.00 and took 1.00 out of my fanny pack to buy a reffle ticket. I was hungry so had to also buy her lunch since I will not sit and eat in front of someone that is broke.
The sale was finally over and I started folding cloths from display..she just crammed them in a bin. Then to top it all off she could have moved her van to a door closer to load up and refused so I had to carry stuff farther and my back hurt really bod so I got in van and asked her to turn heat on because I was freezing..did she NOPE..Finnaly left with my things just tossed in and it was fragile but I couldn't do much at that time. Finally left and when she got to town and knew how to get to my house she insisted on using GPS which took us up and down country roads and was dark and foggy. Then there was a sign that said Curve ahead and she claims she was going 30 mph and started doing a 360 trying to make it around the curve..my boxes went flying around and good thing I had my seat belt on. I know it messed up my back because my husband had to help me walk from bedroom to bathroom and was in the worst pain in my life. still hurt all day today but him massaging it helped a little. Thank God I have Dr appt on Friday and a few pain pills still left.
Needless to say I learned an expensive lesson and the strings have now been cut..all done..no more talking to me like I am senile and suggesting to put my husband in a nursing home because he has memory issues and they can come and live with me.
Sorry for the long vent and pain is kicking in again so guess I will go to bed. I will be posting about my give away this week end so stay tuned and thanke for letting me vent.
Till next time..have a good week

No comments: