Saturday, July 7, 2012


I will be taking a break now that I am no longer allowed to do much but sit. Went to Dr and she had me go for an EKG so I could have the Colonostphy  (mis spelled I'm sure) ...they found a problem so had to do more tests. They said no coffee or chocolate the day before (not a big deal and Nothing after midnight the night before..not even water.)
So I go Thurs morning for the tests and they put something nuclear in your veins and something else (not dye) then they watch a chart and I saw the nurse get a funny look on her face because when they raise my heart rate to the max it is supposed to come back down in 3 min. Mine was still up for 10 min so they gave me a nitro glycerin to put under my tongue. Test gave me the worst head ache (and I don't get headaches) and stomach pain ever. They said there were no side affects before the test and then they asked me if I had a head ache and I said yes and of course then they told me that was the side affects. Then I had to leave and go get coffee and food and come back in 90 minutes for pictures of my heart. Laid on a table with a big machine going back and forth. Then they said I could go home. I was having problems breathing (and still am) and they told me that was side affects.
Then I had to go back on Friday for another test and they took pictures again and sent me home. Not supposed to do anything strenuous or lift anything (so I can kiss my new flower beds that are dying from the heat good by) It was not like they said but I guess if they would have told me all this ahead of time I might not have went.
Now I have to wait for them to call me Monday or Tuesday and then go to cardiologist on the 17th and I am sure they will want to put stints in. I am not looking forward to any of this and I am very depressed and have more fibro pain in back and neck (from stress and aggravation)
I will go on the computer as much as I can and will be listing on ebay as often as I can since that is not strenuous. I will be checking blogs but won't be posting for a while. I am to depressed to think of anything good to write about. I will be back when things are a little more normal (if that does happen)
Sorry to write such a gloom and doom post but just wanted to let my blogger friends know what is going on



I hope you get some good news, maybe it is not as bad as you think. I know stress can do a lot of bad things to you. Keeping you in my prayers. That is a good idea to spend lots of time on the computer, that will help you stay occupied. Best wishes, cyndy

Karen said...

Oh I'm so sorry this is happening!
I will pray so hard for you.

Country Gal said...

Sorry to hear you have to go through all of this . I will be praying all goes well for you .

ShirleyC said...

I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I had that test done a few years ago after they had to shock my heart to get it back in rhythm. (I'd had major surgery.) Luckily, my test was good.
From what I've been told, the stints can bring you lots of relief. Please keep us posted. Saying a prayer for you.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Hope that you will soon start to feel better. Prayers for you.

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

I am sorry that you are experiencing health problems. I know it's hard to keep our spirits up when we are having tests and waiting for results. To be told that there are no side affects and then to be told that your symptoms were side affects would be quite annoying.

I will say a prayer for you

Cat Haven Crafts said...

Hopefully you will have some silver linings showing up soon. I know how stress, etc. can make fibro worse (so would the tests you had). Sending prayers of healing, comfort and acceptance your way.