Friday, October 23, 2009

What would you do?

If you had raised 8 sons and 1 daughter (all under new management) and moved 40 times (+) in 37 years and had 3 husbands-- lived on a farm and had a huge garden, raised Goats..Chickens...Pigs...Dogs..Cats and a few other stray animals would you listen to a lot of your friends that keep bugging you to write a book.
Writing a book is a lot of work and very time consuming...and how would I get it published? I can not afford to pay some publisher that may change things around and then charge, or take a big chunk if it did make the book stores..Where can I go to find other writers that can share their experiences?
Is this a good idea or something I should just not even consider...Please leave a comment with your opinion no matter what it is or maybe give some advice or leads.
Looking forward to hearing from all of you..Thanks

3 comments:

Debra said...

Oh My Nancy! It would be a big task- but I think you should try it!'Even if it never gets published I think you would get great pleasure fromdoing it! It would also be a great heirloom!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Nancy, write that book! Don't let the what if's and all of the doubts get in. I am in the middle of writing my book, not sure if I will ever get it finished, I have little articles published here and there, (very small amount) and I have a stack of rejection slips. Laura Frantz is a wonderful writer who writes about coloniel times. She has a very helpful blog where she talks about the processes of book writing, plus, she will answer your questions and tell you...don't give up! If this is something in your heart....that is a push from God saying, do it! You can visit Laura's blog at http://laurafrantz.blogspot.com Follow your heart! blessings,Kathleen

Lynn S. said...

Nancy, I can't give you any leads, just my opinion. After listening to some of your stories, I say -- go for it! You'll never know what can happen if you don't write it, right?