Tuesday, April 1, 2008

ANOTHER DAY....ANOTHER PROJECT




Well..It is another day...and a new project. I have joined an Apron Group and we were supposed to make Aprons that had something Vintage on it. The green one with the Butterfly's was made from a Pillow Case and I added some Vintage Lace...The other one is from a pair of Blue Jeans and I just used the back and the waist band. I have left the closure on the waist band and it buttons in the back just like you would have buttoned your Jeans in the Front (before I cut them up of course) I have put some really nice lace kind of a lace tape and just sewed it at each end of the waist band....then of course I used a piece of lace that was in my Grandmothers stuff that she had cut off something (she NEVER threw anything away) and sewed it around the bottom and up the sides. I have also put some really old lace across the yoke above the pockets and a little lace doily on each pocket. I think I am still going to see if I can find some cute appliques or Buttons to embellish them.


Then they will eventually go up for sale in my web site.


It was fun to make them...especially now that I have moved my sewing machine up into the guest room. Guests that want to spend the night will now get to sleep in the Guest room I am making in the basement. Just to cold down here for me.
I will try to finish up a few more tomorrow and maybe even organize my new sewing room a little more.
As soon as I can I will be moving the computer up there too..That may take a little while since I am going to check out some other Internet providers and even have the phone and T V switched over. Cable provider is just getting a little expensive for what they have to offer.
Catch ya again tomorrow (maybe)

2 comments:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Wow! Those are fabulous, Nancy!

nancy huggins said...

Well..since I won't be going to bed early tonight I will be working on another apron and adding some little heart buttons on the pockets on the blue jean one.
I still can't find my new ink for my printer so Billy will pick some up for me tomorrow on his way home from work...Then I can get my tags made and will post pictures as soon as I can.
Thanks lea...Did you get the fabric yet?
Nancy
Hugginshaven.com