Tuesday, April 12, 2011

MADE A FEW MORE & LISTING SOME IN MY SELLING BLOG

I made a few more hand painted pieces of fabric and like the way some of them turned out. None of them can be duplicated but I can use the same colors when I make more. These are not done with paint of dye but with paint pigment and when they are dry it will never wash out I think these would make some nice coastersand are definately OOAK
It amazes me how some of the colors blend and look good together
You need perfect weather to do them outside. This piece has buttons and small scissors and I think it would look good made into a pin cushion
You can really come up with some cool designs when you just wipe the brush with different colors
Someone told me they could see the image of a cross on this piece and when I looked I saw it to..can you see it?
I think my favorite colors are the greens and orange..but I use other colors too that others might like
I like the affect this one has
I can also see an image on the bottom of this one..can you see it? It amazes me also on how some of them end up with images that I did not put there.

I will be listing a lot of our practice pieces in my selling blog at a good price. Not sure which ones to list and which ones to keep and make something out of. I can even see a OOAK quilt made with these and maybe mix in some store bought fabric.

My friend buys all the supplies and then tells me what to try so I guess you could call me a worker Bee :)

14 comments:

Fran said...

Nancy all of those pieces are so pretty and very unique. You are doing a great job with them.

nancy huggins said...

Thank you Fran..Every day that it at least 60 degrees and sun shining I will be making more:)

Unknown said...

Each piece is beautiful! I would use them all in a quilt. Talk about being ooak!

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Hi Nancy..those are really cool..I think a wuilt would be awesome useing these patches...

Enjoy your day!!

Hugs
Tonya

Lynn S. said...

Your hand painted fabrics are so neat!

papel1 said...

I will be curious to see what you make with your lovely dyed fabrics. Nice job. Judy

nancy huggins said...

I have some that I have to do again and then will use them to make something...Not sure what but I will think of something :)

Firecracker Kid said...

Hi Nancy, I like the one with the buttons and scissors. The others do have phantom images in them. Sprites amd faeries I think:)
Carol

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Reminds me of tie-dye. Would make some beautiful pin keeps!
★Linda★

Anonymous said...

My new favorite is the one with scissors and buttons. I can't wait to see what my new new favorite is.

nancy huggins said...

I have one piece that has the image of 3 different animals and now I can't find it :(
It was really cool...made a bunch more today and waiting for them to dry :)

Gettysburg Homestead said...

WOW!!!! Very cool!!!! Those would make awesome bags mixed with denim.

Mary

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You really have been busy! I love the second photo of the shades of lavender! So gorgeous! ♥

nancy huggins said...

Thank you for your suggestion Mary sounds like something I will try :)